Science, Engineering, and Technology (SET) Building Groundbreaking
Edmonds Community College invites you to the groundbreaking of its Science, Engineering, and Technology Building.
Wednesday, Sept. 12, 3:30-5 p.m.
Please join us in celebration! All are welcome.
The ceremony and reception will take place in the west section of Parking Lot B, just north of Snoqualmie Hall.
Light refreshments will be served.
The SET Building will be a new state-of-the-art student and faculty facility. Opening in 2020!
The nearly 70,000-square-foot building will be located north of Mountlake Terrace Hall. It will house allied health, nursing, physics, chemistry, engineering, and math classrooms, as well as labs and offices.
Edmonds CC plays a critical role in educating and training students for an increasing number of high-demand, high-wage Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, or STEM, jobs in Snohomish County.
The new SET building will allow the college to continue offering students high-quality STEM programming that meets industry demands.
For directions and a map to campus, visit edcc.edu/campus.
Read about the SET Building in the local news:
- Aug. 15, 2016, The Herald, EdCC hopes to build science building – finally
- Dec. 16, 2016, The Herald, $37.8M in governor's budget for Edmonds College building
- Dec. 29, 2016, Edmonds Beacon, EdCC hopes new building will relieve overcrowding
- Jan. 19, 2018, MyEdmondsNews.com, State Legislature passes capital budget that includes millions for projects in 21st District
- Jan. 20, 2018, The Herald, There's plenty to cheer in overdue capital budget
- March 5, 2018, The Herald, Construction could start on new EdCC building this year
- Aug. 24, 2018, MyEdmondsNews.com, Edmonds CC to break ground Sept. 12 for new STEM building