Be sure and review this page for important items to bring and not to bring.
Important Documents to Bring:
- Passport with F-1 Visa inside
- Flight Schedule
- SEVIS Receipt
- Edmonds CC confirmation letter
- Official Transcript (Highschool students only)
Carry On Items
Books, games, music, etc. for your travel.
USA currrency (dollars)
- Do not bring too much cash! Bring around $600 for books and your first few weeks living here while you are waiting for your bank account and debit/credit card.
- If you bring more than $10,000 total in cash and traveler's checks into the U.S., you must declare it to Customs Border Protection upon arrival.
All US banks have age requirements. Please research if your home country bank partners with a US bank before arriving at Edmonds CC.
If you are under the age of 18 when you arrive for Orientation, you must bring a parent with you to open a bank account.
The climate here is moderate. Not too hot and not too cold. The summer seasons are beautiful, comfortable, and warm with sunshine and clear skies. The fall, winter, and spring seasons bring some rain and the possibility of snow.
- Raincoat (waterproof)
- Thick jacket (waterproof and padded for warmth)
- Closed toed shoes, boots
- Swimming suit
- Sewing kit
- Prescription medication (enough for 3 months)
- Glasses / Contact Lenses (bring an extra pair of glasses)
- Hair Dryer
- Family pictures
- Family and friends contact information
- Cultural dress, cultural items
There will opportunities for you to share your culture in activities like International Night, Conversation Group Gathering, and International Education Week.
What Not to Pack:
Do not bring the following items with you to the USA. There are many international grocery stores near the Edmonds CC campus where you can purchase these items. To see the full list of prohibited items: Customs Border Inspection List
- Traditional herbal medicine
- Instant Noodles
- Poultry / Any meat