NEW SCHEDULE SPRING 2020 Orientation online
For the health and safety of our campus community, our Orientation for new international students will be all online!
We warmly welcome you to Edmonds CC and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility!
Updated Schedule: March 27, 2020
Questions? Call 425-640-1518 or email email@example.com
Stay Informed: COVID-19 Campus Updates and Resources
If you are staying in our Housing program, please read the following information:
- Housing students arrival date is still March 28th. We are still planning to pick students up from the airport on Saturday. We have heard from some students already about arriving on March 29th. We are planning to pick up those students on March 29th as well. If you have not notified us about your arrival plans yet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your flight information as soon as possible so that we can arrange your airport transportation.
- If you are planning to arrive on a different date, please contact us at email@example.com and we will let you know whether or not we can provide airport transportation. We can also provide you with information about other companies that can help you get from the airport to campus.
- Your room will be ready by March 28th. If you are needing to move in before that, please let us know. Depending on when you need to move in, the room may or may not be ready.
- If you would like to defer your application to Summer or Fall Quarter, let us know as soon as you can. We will not charge you another application fee. We will place you in an open room for whichever quarter you are deferring to when we work on placements for that quarter.
Airport Pick Up:
- If we have confirmed that we will be picking you up at the airport, please look for our staff members between International Baggage Claim 1 and Baggage Claim 2. We will be wearing bright green shirts that say “Edmonds Community College” and will be holding signs with your name on it.
The English Placement test will be on Reading Skills, Sentence Meaning, Language Use, and Writing Skills (Essay). For Test Preparation Resources, review here.
The Math Placement test will be on Arithmetic and Elementary Algebra, Algebraic Operations, Solutions of Equations and Inequalities, Coordinate Geometry, Applications and other Algebra Topics, Functions, Trigonometry. For Test Preparation Resources, review here.
Your advisors and staff will help you register for classes during Orientation Week. Each new student will also meet with an advisor during the first few weeks of classes to talk about their academic plan.
Parent and Agent Orientation
All interested agents and parents must register for this orientation.
Children on Campus:
- Children under the age of sixteen must be accompanied by a parent at all times during the entirety of the Agent and Parent Orientation.
- Due to campus policy, children under the age of sixteen may not join the optional community tour.