Conversation Partner Program
- Want to make a difference in someone’s life?
- Would you like to practice your communication skills?
- Want to explore other cultures around the world?
- Feeling nervous communicating in English?
- Want to meet new people, and make friends?
The Conversation Partner Program (CPP) gives students and volunteers an opportunity to expand their cultural horizons, improve conversational skills in English or another foreign language, and make new friends!
How does this program work?
- Submit online application
- Get partnered in partnership or in a group
- Arrange weekly meeting with your partner/group (At least 8 hours through the quarter)
- Record your weekly meetings’ notes
- Turn in your Tracking log AND Reflection form (link to come)
- Get your Certificate for participation
- Feel Enriched!
International Students (English Learners) - If you are learning English, we will partner you with a fluent or advanced English speaker. This will allow you to practice your conversational English skills and it will be a great way to learn about American culture, too. CLICK HERE to apply for the Conversation Partner Program.
Domestic Students (Advanced speakers) - If you are a fluent or advanced English speaker, we partner you with international students from all over the world. This will give you the chance to learn about different cultures from all over the world and change someone's life. CLICK HERE to apply for the Conversation Partner Program.
APPLICATION DEADLINE for Winter 2014: JANUARY 15th, 2014.
*If you don't have access to a computer, stop by International Student Services for a paper application.
Weekly group meeting in Rainier Community Room arranged on every Wednesday 4:30PM-6:00PM.
Good opportunity to meet new people, to help others, to play fun games, to improve your English, and enjoy your time! Snacks are provided.
Contact: Julie Wescliff
CPP@email.edcc.edu | 425.640.1050 | ISS – South Duplex