Substance Use Education and Outreach
Concerned about your tobacco, drug or alcohol use or its impact on your relationships, your health, or your overall well-being?
Substance Use Education and Outreach efforts provide education, and outreach.
We encourage you to an appointment at the Counseling and Resource Center to meet with a professional counselor, who can provide a screening, listen, offer feedback, and provide referrals to treatment resources.
Screenings are to be used for insight building and self-awareness. Screenings do not provide a diagnosis of substance use dependence or disorder or any other medical condition. The information provided by the screenings do not substitute for a full evaluation by a health professional, and should only be used as a guide to understanding your alcohol or substance use and potential health issues. Please see a medical or mental health professional for additional information, support and referral for treatment or support groups.
Are substances harming your health or increasing your risk for other problems? Check out "Do I have a Drug Problem?"
- Know someone who may be struggling with substance use? Check out our Someone You Know... page here.
- Washington Recovery Help Line for free, confidential support, crisis intervention and referrals to treatment: 1.866.789.1511
- SAMHSA's Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator is an online source of information for persons seeking treatment facilities in the U.S. for substance use and/or mental health concerns.
- Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) Substance Abuse Treatment Services may assist you with paying for treatment and recovery services
- Local AA meetings may be found here: Alcoholics Anonymous
- Local NA meetings may be found here: Narcotics Anonymous
- A family member in need of support, local meetings may be found here: Al-Anon Groups
- More information about substance use may be found here: Helpguide.org
- Interested in smoking cessation, information may be found here: Smokefree.gov and Quit Tobacco in Washington State. Also, check out campus resources and smoking cessation classes here at Edmonds CC!