Wellness and Health Promotion
Why Wellness/Health Promotion?
Visit our Wellness Center!
Lynnwood Hall, Room 236
Feel free to visit the Wellness Center which serves as a safe space for not only students, but for our entire campus community!
Stop by for a cup of tea or water, use our space to relax between classes, inquire about topics related to health and wellness, access printed material, referral to resources and seek opportunities for learning.
See the center hours.
For more information:
Jessica Burwell | 425.640.1654
College campuses across our nation are focusing their attention to creating a healthier campus and healthier students. Edmonds Community College is one of those campuses! We are committed to the inclusion of the overall well-being of our students, staff and campus community.
Our efforts support academic success, productivity, retention and life-long learning. We hope to aid our community to achieve health equity, eliminate disparities and improve the health of our entire campus community.
- Reduce impediments to academic and personal success
- Increase awareness and use of preventative behaviors
- Empower campus community members to become active partners in their own well-being
- Equip campus community members with important, lifelong self-care skills
- Create a culture of wellness to support and empower our campus community
- Improve awareness and motivate students and staff to embrace positive behavior changes
- Improve access to training, resources, services and direct referral to community partners that may not otherwise be available to our diverse population
- Influence campus practices and policy to support a healthy environment
Top 10 Priorities
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
- Health Literacy
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Mental Health/Depression
- Physical Activity
- Safe and Healthy Campus Community
- Sexual Health