Why Wellness/Health Promotion?
College campuses across our nation are focusing their attention to creating a healthier campus and healthier students. Edmonds Community College is one of those campuses! We are committed to the inclusion of the overall well-being of our students, staff and campus community.
Our efforts support academic success, productivity, retention and life-long learning. We hope to aid our community to achieve health equity, eliminate disparities and improve the health of our entire campus community.
- Reduce impediments to academic and personal success
- Increase awareness and use of preventative behaviors
- Empower campus community members to become active partners in their own well-being
- Equip campus community members with important, lifelong self-care skills
- Create a culture of wellness to support and empower our campus community
- Improve awareness and motivate students and staff to embrace positive behavior changes
- Improve access to training, resources, services and direct referral to community partners that may not otherwise be available to our diverse population
- Influence campus practices and policy to support a healthy environment
Top 10 Priorities
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
- Health Literacy
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Mental Health/Depression
- Physical Activity
- Safe and Healthy Campus Community
- Sexual Health