The Visual Arts: Art, Photography, Visual Communications
The Visual Arts Department at Edmonds Community College is a collective of the Art, Photography and Visual Communications programs. Together we build curriculum, share resources, and coordinate student activities to create a collaborative environment.
Imagine. Innovate. Inspire.
As a student within the Edmonds Community College’s Visual Arts Department, you will learn to imagine through exploration, innovate through creative thinking, and inspire through visual communication to create an essential foundation for higher learning with all courses. Your instructors are experts in their fields who love to create as much as you do and work together to give you a wide variety of opportunities across the visual arts.
Take Classes When and Where You Want Them
The Visual Arts provides morning, afternoon, evening and online courses to allow access to the discipline for any student trying to fulfill a Humanities distribution requirement as well as art majors and those seeking elective credits.
Show Your work. Build Your Portfolio.
You are encouraged to take advantage of numerous opportunities to gain knowledge and information concerning art outside the classroom through field trips, visiting artists, open labs and art clubs. Professional training is also provided through an annual student art show, Between the Lines (our award-winning art and literary publication), and portfolio development.
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide a great work environment and treat each other with respect and dignity.
- Embrace diversity as an essential component in the way we teach and hire within the department.
- Apply the highest standards of excellence in exhibition and program design.
- Continually develop strong student/teacher/staff relationships in our efforts to ensure student success.
- Contribute positively to our communities and our environment.
- Recognize that strong participation and fiscal responsibility is essential to our future success and success of our college.