Visual Media Services
Student Video Lab
Hours of Operation
Fall , Winter & Spring
Monday thru Thursday 8:00 am – *8:30 pm
Friday 8:00 am – *1:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday 1:00 pm – *4:30 pm
Monday & Thursday 8:00am - *5:30pm
Tuesday & Wednesday 8:00am -* 7:30pm
Friday 8:00am - *11:30am
Saturday 10:00am - *1:30pm
* Video Lab closes 30 minutes prior to Library closing time.
- Closed on non-instructional days and holidays.
- Reservations must be made in person and entered in the Video reservation notebook. Located on the door of Lynnwood 415B.
- Please make reservations only for times you will actually show up.
- Students may sign up for 30 minute to 2 hour blocks of time.
- Reservations can be made for any week during the quarter, excluding final exam days
- Students will need to show their EdPass to check out the Video Lab key from the Library Circulation Desk.
- Students will need to bring their own mini-DVD to record on.
- A video camcorder instructional demonstration DVD can be found in the video lab DVD player and at the bottom of this page
- Library Staff cannot provide Video Lab Assistance. Specific questions about video lab operations, equipment and troubleshooting should be directed to Dan Dootson @ 640-1533 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For other Video Lab questions, please contact your Instructor
Video Lab Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of DVD's should I buy?
MINI-DVD-R or MINI- DVD-RW.
- What does the DVD-R or RW mean?
Data on a DVD-R cannot be changed, whereas a DVD-RW (DVD-rewritable) can be rewritten multiple (1000+) times. EXCEPT when finalized for playback on standard DVD players.
- Where can I buy just one DVD for this project?
The Edmonds Community College Bookstore.
- How come my video won't playback on my DVD player?
It wasn’t “finalized”.
- Do I need to finalize the video?
In order to allow interchange between recorders, it is necessary to finalize or protect DVD-RW media before putting these in another recording system. DVD-R media must be finalized before playback is possible in players.
- How do I finalize the video?
Refer to Mini-DiscCam Instructions @ http://www.edcc.edu/viscom/Videolab.php
- What if I want to record more later?
This is not possible with the Mini DVD camera system.
- Can I edit the video now to chop off the beginning or ending?
Currently there is no facility at EDCC to edit your video.
- Where can I go to get a copy of my video created?
Currently there is no facility at EDCC to copy DVDs.
- If I recorded more than one "session" do I have to finalize all sessions or can I choose them?
All sessions must be finalized before playback is possible in DVD players.