All new student veterans, active duty personnel, and family members must complete the new student process prior to registering for classes at Edmonds CC. Some parts can take time to complete, so it is best to start early.
Access the Veterans Resource Center (VRC) academic advising page to explore Edmonds CC programs of study and student resources. Check out the VRC benefits and resources page for other veterans services and benefits. Contact the VRC or Enrollment Services in Lynnwood Hall for questions about becoming an Edmonds CC student.
Step 1: Apply for admission
- Students can apply for admission online via the Web Admissions Center
- You may also submit an application in person
- View the Edmonds CC online orientation
- To apply for VA education benefits access the VA education benefits page
Step: 2 Apply for financial aid
- Fill out and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Review Edmonds CC’s financial aid application instructions and complete all steps
- Access your Edmonds CC financial aid portal to check on the status of your application
- Visit the Edmonds CC financial aid website or stop by the first floor of Lynnwood Hall for more information
Step 3: Determine your placement in English and math
- Prior college credits or test scores may exempt you from placement testing (alternative assessment)
- Take the placement test if you have never completed college level English and/or math
- Contact Edmonds CC Testing and Assessment Services with questions and test preparation resources
Step 4: Academic advising
- Contact the Veterans Success Specialist (VSS) with advising questions
- Access the VRC academic advising page for program information and student resources
- The VSS can also assist students access additional benefits and community resources
Step 4: Official credit evaluation
- Request an official transcript evaluation online via the Edmonds CC GATE system
- Send Edmonds CC official transcripts from all prior colleges and the military
- USA, USMC, USN, and USCG transcripts can be ordered via the Joint Services Transcript System
- USAF transcripts are available online via the Community College of the Air Force
- Some Edmonds CC programs may be eligible for a prior learning assessment
Step 5: Attend an orientation
- Contact the Veterans Resource Center at 425.640.1175 or email@example.com to schedule
- Orientations are held weekly and begin 3-4 weeks prior to the start of each quarter
- Please bring the documents below to orientation
- Certificate of Eligibility (if using VA education benefits)
- DD-214 (member 4 copy)
- Program requirement sheet
- Assessment/placement test scores
- NOBE (reserve and national guard only)
Dependents/Spouses (VA Chapter 35 / 100% Tuition Waiver)
- In addition to the paperwork listed above, provide the documents below
- 100% VA disability letter
- Marriage certificate
- Birth certificate of dependent
- Service member’s death certificate (if applicable)
For questions about VA education benefits, you may contact the VA Certifying Official directly at any time. Check out the VRC benefits and resources page for additional information about veterans programs and services. Access the VRC academic advising page to explore Edmonds CC programs of study and access student resources. For other questions, contact VRC staff directly.
Welcome to Edmonds Community College!
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after they register for their first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at www.edcc.edu/edmail.