Veterans Resource Center

Apply for VA Education Benefits

Step 1: Apply Online

Applying online is the fastest way for your application to get processed by VA

*Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VRE)

  • Veterans with a VA disability rating may be eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VRE) services
  • VRE services can cover all costs associated with your education/training program (tuition, books, supplies), in addition to career development and employment services
  • More information is located on the Resources for Veterans page

*Note: Reservists and National Guard members must submit a completed and signed Notice of Basic Eligibility (DD-Form 2384-1) from their current unit, in addition to the VA education benefits application

Step 2: Admissions, Financial Aid, Placement, Advising, and Registration

Apply for admission to the college 

Apply for financial aid 

Determine your placement in English and math

Academic advising and support resources

Provide ALL prior college and/or military transcripts to Edmonds CC

Step 3: Attend a Veterans Orientation

All students utilizing veterans’ education benefits must attend orientation

  • Contact the Veterans Resource Center (VRC) at 425.640.1175 or to schedule
  • Orientations are held every quarter – Please bring the following documents with you to orientation:
    • Certificate of Eligibility (CoE)
    • DD-214 (member 4 copy)
    • Program requirement sheet
    • Assessment/placement test scores
    • NOBE (if applicable)

Dependents/spouses (VA Chapter 35)

  • In addition to the paperwork listed above, please bring the following documents:
    • 100% VA disability letter
    • Marriage certificate
    • Birth certificate of dependent
    • Service member’s death certificate (if applicable)

Step 4: Questions about your education benefits?

Meet with the VA Certifying Official

  • After you attend orientation, you can review your paperwork with the VA Certifying Official and ask questions about your education benefits
  • You may request an appointment to meet with the Certifying Official