Veterans Resource Center

Active Duty Students

Edmonds Community College is a great place to begin or continue your studies while serving our great country on Active Duty.  We offer 126 degree and certificate programs, with options to attend evening and weekend classes, and on-line and hybrid classes, which combine both classroom and on-line instruction. Let us help you further your military career, or prepare you for a successful transition into a civilian career after you leave the service.

As a member of the military, the Veterans Resource Center is available for your use. We offer you the following services:

  • Assistance in applying for financial aid from our full-time VA benefits coordinator
  • Computer Lab
  • Silent Study Area
  • Lounge Area
  • Drop-in Tutoring
  • Seminars and Information Sessions
  • Coffee and Snacks
  • Job listings from companies actively seeking student veterans
  • Student Veterans Association
  • Resources and Information
  • Residency status for the purposes of paying tuition

Military Withdrawal Policy

If you receive deployment orders during a term and are therefore unable to complete the term, you are eligible for a withdrawal and a 100% refund of tuition and fees. If this happens to you, bring a copy of your orders to the Enrollment Services Office along with a completed registration form indicating your desire to drop your classes.

If you are also receiving state or federal financial aid funds, there is no penalty associated with your withdrawal, and you may return to school in good standing at the beginning of any school term. Simply provide the Financial Aid Office with a copy of your orders and a brief letter of explanation as to why you needed to leave before the term was over.