UW Bachelor's Completion Program

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Is it possible for me to take courses at the UW and the community college at the same time?

    Yes, it is possible. You may need to check with your financial aid office about how aid can apply to two institutions a the same time. Also, it is best to consult with an advisor to ensure that courses you are taking apply to specific requirements.

  2. What is the expected length of time to complete the program?

    That depends on your individual situation. An associate transfer degree requires 90 quarter credits. The bachelors degree requires an additional 90 credits to total 180 quarter credits. Some students attending part-time, e.g. 10 credits (2 classes) per quarter could be finished in four years plus two additional quarters by attending school year round.

  3. Can I combine on campus courses with online courses?

    Yes. The program is designed to be flexible to meet students’ schedule demands. If you are at the University of Washington, it is important to check with your advisor on the number of eLearning credits you are taking as well as the timing of those credits.

  4. Must I take any courses in the classroom?

    Yes. At the University of Washington your last 45 credits must be taken on site.

  5. Is there a difference between an evening degree and one completed during the day?

    No. Evening degree courses meet on the UW campus in Seattle. Many of the instructors are full-time faculty. The only difference between the day and evening program is the availability of majors, and the times classes meet. Classes offered begin at 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday.

  6. What grade-point average is required for acceptance to the program?

    It depends on your situation. A combination of factors, including your GPA and test scores, are considered. Evening admission is separate from day admission. The GPA requirements are different than for the day program. Contact an evening degree advisor at 206.543.6160 or advisors@pce.uw.edu for more information.

  7. How does my high school record impact my application to an evening degree program?

    All applicants are required to have a minimum level of preparation in six high school core subject areas, and must submit an official high school transcript as part of their application packet. Please contact an evening degree advisor at 206.543.6160 or advisors@pce.uw.edu if you have questions about high school core subject requirements.