Reduced tuition is available for some students. Contact the Enrollment Services office for more information about qualifications.
- The parent education class rate is $15.40.
- Adult High School students who are residents, 19 or older, and working toward a high school diploma, get tuition reduction only for classes fulfilling graduation requirements. The charge is $25.69 per credit for 1-10 credits, $12.73 per credit for 11-18 credits, and a waiver form is required from an advisor.
- Individuals who are not permanent residents, or who are U.S. citizens, MAY qualify for resident tuition if they have resided in Washington state for the three years prior to receiving a Washington state high school diploma or its equivalent and continued to reside in the state since earning the high school diploma or its equivalent. Contact the Enrollment Services office for details and a copy of the required affidavit.
- Eligible veterans or National Guard members
- A Washington resident for at least one year
- Active or reserve member of military or naval or National Guard called to active duty
- Served in active federal duty under either Title 10 or Title 32 of U.S. Code
- In a war or conflict fought on foreign soil or in international waters or in support of those that were
- If discharged, has received honorable discharge
- Copy of DD214 required – Member 4.
- OR -
Child and Spouse
- Of eligible veteran or National Guard member who became totally disabled
- Of eligible veteran or National Guard member determined to be a prisoner of war or missing in action
- Of eligible veteran or National Guard member who lost his/her life (surviving spouse loses education benefits on remarriage)
- Must be a Washington resident for at least one year.
- Other veterans or National Guard members
- A Washington resident for at least one year
- Did not serve on foreign soil or international waters nor in support of those that were
- Copy of DD 214 required
Space Available Procedure
Register for class on or after the first day of the quarter. No early registration is allowed. People who qualify for reduced tuition go directly to class without registering and inform the instructor that you plan to attend on a space available basis. If there is available space, the student must complete a registration form with the instructor's signature on or after the first day of the quarter and submit it to the Enrollment Services Office. A student wishing to guarantee his or her space in class should register and pay tuition during the regular registration period, but may not drop the course for later enrollment on a space-available basis. The above procedures apply to the following groups who are eligible to attend on a space available basis:
- Senior citizens who wish to receive the reduced tuition rate may only enroll in regularly listed credit classes (except self-support) on an audit basis when space is available. The cost is $5 per course to audit, plus fees. Enrollment is limited to two courses per quarter. Students must be 60 years of age by the first day of the quarter and qualify as a resident. Request a Senior Citizen Reduced Tuition form at the Enrollment Services Office or download the form at www.edcc.edu/es/forms.html. Classes cannot be applied toward a degree, certificate, or a salary increase.
- All full-time employees and half-time faculty at Edmonds Community College may enroll for regularly listed classes when space is available. The cost is a $25 quarterly registration charge, plus fees. Space available tuition waiver forms are available at the Human Resources office. Does not apply to self-support classes.
- Washington State and Edmonds Community College employees (employed under RCW 41), employed at least half-time may enroll for regularly listed classes when space is available. The cost is a $25 quarterly registration charge, plus fees. Employment verification required from your Human Resources office. Does not apply to self-support classes. Note: School District and K-12 employees are not eligible for this waiver.
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after they register for their first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at www.edcc.edu/edmail.