Edmonds Community College on iTunes U
Podcasting in Blackboard
How to link from a Blackboard course to a Podcast file in iTunesU
Once your Podcast has been uploaded to the iTunes U store you can add a link directly to it from your Blackboard course. Students can click on the link in Blackboard and they will be taken to the iTunes store where they can play and download your Podcast. Students must have the iTunes application installed on their computer and both PC and Mac versions are available for download here: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Add a link from Blackboard to your iTunes files
- Right click (control-click for Mac users) the Podcast file in your iTunes space. Then select Copy iTunes Store URL from the menu.
- Return to your Blackboard course and the content area where you want to create the link.
- Select the Add External Link button, fill in the name field and paste the link you copied from iTunes in the URL field. You may also add other information in the Text Box.
- Set your availability options and Submit.
How the Link Works
- Click the link to the podcast in Blackboard.
- iTunes will open at the Edmonds Community College iTunes U store and the podcast file will be highlighted.
- Click the "Get Song" button to play or download the podcast.