Edmonds Community College on iTunes U
What You Need to Get Started Podcasting
- Computer with speakers
- Microphone - Some computers have built in mics. Or, you can buy one at Radio Shack, Office Depot, etc, for < $20.
- Audacity - Free, open source software for recording and editing sounds
- Download from ---> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
- Download .mp3 encoder from same site.
- Mac Users ---> Garage Band
- Sound files are large. 5 minutes can be 5MB. Make sure that you have adequate web space.
- A way to upload files. FTP? Blackboard or other LMS? EdCC ITunesU? ---> http://www.edcc.edu/itunesu/login.php
Record your Podcast
- Plan your podcast! Prepare your script or notes.
- Press record button.
- Speak slowly and clearly into microphone.
- Click stop. Playback, review and edit.
- Save file in .mp3 format using encoder.
Upload to WWW
- Link file to your web page, Blackboard classroom, or directly into a Word, Excel or PPT file.
- Encourage students to listen and give feedback!