The Technology Resource Center is dedicated to supporting and advancing teaching and learning by working collaboratively with staff, faculty, and administrators, to provide quality services, programs, and resources. Located on the second floor of Lynnwood Hall in room 207 the TRC will be open and staffed daily.
The calendar listed below contains only training sessions scheduled in the Technology Resource Center (TRC) in Lynnwood 207. This calendar does not reflect other training or one-on-one meetings that the TRC staff might have on their own calendars. Please contact the TRC to schedule an appointment or to reserve the space.
Technology Resource Center Training Calendar
|Register online early for training workshops held in the TRC.|
Check Out Tutorials DVDs Below at Any Time!
The TRC has purchased tutorial DVDs for our most requested support topics. Each DVD contain hours of step-by-step, video tutorials on specific software applications. DVDs below are available for a one-week checkout:
- Excel 2011
- Word 2011
- PowerPoint 2011
- Numbers (part of iWork for the Mac)
- Pages (part of iWork for the Mac)
- Keynote (part of iWork for the Mac)
- Switching From Windows to Mac
- Mac OS X 10.5 Essential Training
- Excel 2010
- Word 2010
- PowerPoint 2010
- Windows 7 Essential Training
- Windows Vista Essential Training
- Windows XP Essential Training
- Word 2007: Formatting Long Documents
- Total Training for Microsoft Office 2007
- Total Training for Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro
- Contribute CS3 Essential Training
Web Tool DVDs
- NEW - Blackboard 9.x Essential Training for Instructors
- Wordpress Blogging
- Google Docs
Check Out Tutorials Books at Any Time!
The TRC has purchased tutorial books to support you faculty and departmental needs. Books are available for a one-week checkout:
- Teaching Your First College Class
- Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for the Classroom
Social Media Marketing Books
- The Twitter Book
- The Facebook Marketing Book
- The Social Media Marketing Book
- The Zen of Social Media Marketing
TRC Support Information
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 5pm
Friday: Closed (only email support)
Friday Hours for Summer Quarter
Due to an overwhelming need for phone, email, one-on-one, and walk-in support, the TRC has modified its hours to best serve our campus community. In an effort to serve and provide more resources and tutorials over the Internet, the TRC will close Fridays during this quarter. Don't worry, we will still be providing support via phone and email during this time. Our goal is to provide and create resources and tutorials over the Internet, so that all faculty and staff can benefit, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This will result in a direct benefit for those who can not come to campus.
Additional One-On-One Support
Although the TRC has limited full-time support staff, we are proud to welcome Kate, Shanel, and Eddie to the instructional support team. They can help with Canvas and Google Apps one-on-one support sessions. To schedule an appointment for such help, please email the TRC above.