Edmonds Community College Programs of Study
21st Century Education and Career Pathways
Programs of Study envisions that all students will achieve challenging academic and technical standards and be prepared for high skill, high demand occupations in current and emerging professions in the 21st century global economy.
Programs of Study are education pathways that begin in high school and lead to progressively higher levels of education and higher-skilled positions in specific industries.
Our school district partners: Anacortes, Edmonds, Issaquah, Kennewick, Lake Washington, Mukilteo, Northshore, Oak Harbor, Sno-Isle Skill Center, and more.
Earn Tech Prep College CreditRead our TechPrep newsletter.
Important Deadlines for 2013January 25 -- Student Registration for 1st Semester Classes
June 7 -- Student Registration for 2nd Semester and Full-Year Classes
Tech Prep is a dual-enrollment program that allows high school students to take classes on their own campus and receive both high school and college career and technical education credit upon successful completion of certain courses.
Student Steps to Tech Prep
- Enroll in a Tech Prep class at your high school.
- Apply for Tech Prep credit before the deadline.
- Earn a B or higher grade in classes.
Weekly earnings by education level
- 1,053 with a bachelor’s degree
- $768 with an associate degree
- $638 with a high school diploma
- $451 less than a high school diploma
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Advantages for Students
- Earn both high school and college credit at your high school.
- Prepare for college and a career while in high school.
Advantages for Parents
- Save money. College tuition is waived in the Tech Prep Program.
- Tech Prep is a college-bound program.