Strong Password Tips
- Passwords have to be eight (8) characters or more.
- Passwords must contain 3 out of the 4 following character types:
- English upper case letters (A, B, C,...)
- English lower case letters (a, b, c,...)
- Westernized Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3,...)
- Non-Alphanumeric or "special characters" (!, @, #, $, %, ^, &, *, (, ), +, _,)
Limit special characters to those typed using SHIFT + Number keys, alternate characters can cause passwords not to work with some systems (e.g. :, /, \,)
All users will be required to change their password every one hundred twenty (120) days. Once a password has been used, it cannot be reused for 180 days.
- Never give your password out to anyone.
- Don't write down your password, remember it.
- If someone has learned your password, change it immediately.
- If you cant remember your passwords, write down clues and keep them in a secure place where you'll know right away if they've been stolen.
- Avoid letting people observe you typing your password.
- Choose a password you can remember so you don't have to write it down. Use a theme for all your passwords (e.g., movies, music, sports)
- Use the initial letters of a phrase, especially if a number or special character is included. For example, "4Sa7YaOF" might be a good password choice, unless you are known for quoting the Gettysburg Address.
- Don't reuse a password you have used before.
- Log-on and off a couple of times during the day you change your password. This helps you remember your new one.
|ShowMethe$||(show me the money)||        ||Gr8BallsaFire||(great balls of fire)|
|W8BGone!||(weight be gone)||        ||Im@lunch||(I'm at lunch)|
|St@rtr3k||(star trek)||        ||Hello2U2||(hello to you too)|
|M@riner$||(mariners)||        ||Seahawks1||(Seahawks won)|