Guide to Emergency Preparedness: Volcanic Eruption
In situations where a significant ash fall risk exists, the college will close.
What To Do With Advance Warning
- Stay calm and encourage others to do so.
- If you cannot reach a safe location, follow Shelter-in-Place procedures and the directions of any emergency responders.
What To Do With Little or No Warning
- Stay inside until emergency responders tell you it is safe to go outside (see Shelter-in-Place).
- Hold a moist cloth over your face to assist in breathing.
- Close all doors and windows.
- Call 911 if there is a medical emergency.
- Cover electronic equipment to protect it from damage.