Guide to Emergency Preparedness: Evacuation
The evacuation of a building will be conducted when a situation threatens the safety of students and employees and requires they exit a building.
What To Do
If you hear an alarm or you are told to evacuate a building:
- Stay calm.
- Exit the building immediately using the nearest safe route.
- Close all doors but leave them unlocked.
- Walk quickly to the nearest marked exit and alert others to do the same.
- Do not use elevators.
- Go to evacuation assembly areas.
- If someone is trapped in a building, notify emergency responders.
- Follow instructions from emergency responders.
- Assist persons with disabilities.