Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness Guide Home
- Active Shooter
- Armed Person or Hostage Situation
- Bomb Threat
- Chemical Spill or Attack
- College Closure
- Criminal Activity
- Discovery of a Suspicious Object
- Fire or Explosion
- Threat of Harm to Self or Others
- Volcanic Eruption
- Weapon on Campus
Guide to Emergency Preparedness
This guide provides information regarding what to do during an emergency such as a fire, natural disaster, bomb threat, or medical emergency.
Familiarize yourself with the information in this guide.
For more information about emergency procedures, consult the college’s Emergency Operations Plan. Find additional information and useful links at edcc.edu/alert.
The location of campus emergency phones (call boxes) can be found on printed campus maps, campus directories, at edcc.edu/campus.
Reporting an Emergency
What To Do
- Call 911.
- Say “This is an emergency” and give the following information:
- Your location,
- The type of emergency,
- Your name, and
- The phone number you are calling from.
Report all injuries to Campus Safety and Security and fill out an incident/accident report.