Guide to Emergency Preparedness: Bomb Threat
If you receive a phone call about a bomb threat:
- Do not put the caller on hold.
- Stay calm.
- If possible, have someone contact 911 and Campus Safety and Security while you continue talking.
- Keep talking as long as possible. Write down as much information as possible and record the details:
- Date and time of call;
- Phone number of caller if available;
- Age and gender of caller;
- Speech pattern, accent, or possible nationality of caller;
- Emotional condition of the caller such as angry, calm, crying, nervous, etc.; and
- Any background noises you can hear.
- What is your name?
- Why did you place the bomb?
- When will the bomb explode?
- Where is the bomb right now?
- What does the bomb look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- Where are you?
What To Do Once Call Ends
- Call 911 and then call Campus Safety and Security at 425.754.0154.
- If told to leave, LEAVE IMMEDIATELY and do not touch any suspicious objects, open drawers or cabinets, or turn lights on or off.
- Discuss the situation only with emergency responders.