Guide to Emergency Preparedness: Armed Person or Hostage Situation
If someone has a weapon, says he or she has a weapon, or is holding another person against his or her will:
What To Do
- Call 911.
- Notify Campus Safety and Security at 425.754.0154.
- Stay calm and encourage others to do so.
What Not To Do
- Do not approach the person.
- Do not communicate with the person.
- Do not take away the weapon.
- Do not put yourself or others in danger.
- Do not discuss the situation with anyone other than emergency responders or Campus Safety and Security personnel.