Communications and MarketingDEVELOP A WEB SITE
As an essential marketing tool for any college, a Web site needs to be current, easy to navigate, fun and have the information that people are looking for.
If you are updating your own pages, visit Contribute playground for software and Edmonds CC Web template instructions.
We will develop your Web site - working closely with you. We need your help with the following:
- Content - you know your programs. If you have recently printed a brochure, you have good copy that has already been edited - and photos of your program. We can take more photos for your Web site too. Organize your content into logical sections. By separating your data into categories the process of moving the content to the Web is streamlined.
- Student profiles - find us 1 or 2 students to interview. He/she should be enthusiastic about your program. Choose students you want to represent your program and reflect the diversity of our college. The students should be someone other students can relate to and see as a role model.
- News and Events - be active in initiating interesting news releases and events concerning your program that can be added to the college news and events Web pages. News and Events specific to your program will automatically show up on your home page.
- Check this out - some departments have created interactive content for the Web, such as the math and physics departments 'Riddle of the Week' site. The Web is a great opportunity to be creative.
- Timeline for updates - depending on our work schedule, it can take 1 day to 2 weeks.
- Timeline for a new site - depending on our work schedule and the content of your Web site, it can take 3 to 8 weeks.
- Note: If you're developing an Instructional Web page, visit the Faculty and Staff Web Resources site.