Communications and Marketing
The college's Communications and Marketing team operates as part of the College Relations and Advancement Division. We do all the communications that tell the community what's happening at the college including the catalog, class schedule, web site, e-newsletters, reader board, media relations, social networks, advertising, and graphic design.
Promote your class, event, or program early and often.
Email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The sooner we have basic information the more we can do. Six months out is ideal. Six weeks is very good. Two weeks is adequate. Less than two weeks — send it and we'll do what we can.
Subscribe to and Send Content for College News and E-newsletters
- The Update — An opt-in email newsletter about new classes, events, programs, and opportunities at the college.
- College news — Official news releases for the public are archived and searchable here edcc.edu/news. A monthly employee email directs people to edcc.edu/collegenews with similar news content plus employee kudos.
- EdmondsSphere — Our blog for informal news that features items that appear in other community news outlets but mention college students, alumni, employees, or friends.
Be Informed About Legislative Messaging
We're serving more students with less state funding. Find out about the college's budget requests and help the college with legislative advocacy. Visit edcc.edu/legislative for more information.
Prepare for Emergency Communications
Participate in Social Media
To get started, connect with the college's existing social media efforts and contribute your content. The hub is http://edmondscc.ning.com. Post your photos, events, and discussions here.
Connect with the college online:
- EdmondsSphere — read and contribute to the college's blog
- Facebook — like our page
- Google+ — add us to your circles
- LinkedIn — join our professional networking group
- Pinterest — see our photos
- Twitter — get the news in 140 characters or less
- YouTube — watch our videos
PR Tools: Frequently Asked Questions
How do I:
get a photo release form?
report a typo, error, or broken link on our website?
Email email@example.com or request an update.
get the college's logo?
Download it here and get the guidelines for usage. Call 425.640.1423 with questions.
let the college know about an advertising opportunity or service?
Email costs and deadlines to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our fiscal year ends in June.
let the college know about a printing service?
Call the college's graphic designer at 425.640.1334.
get facts about the college or sources for a news story?
Call the college's public information officer at 425.640.1513 or email email@example.com.
get permission to film, take photos, or interview people on campus?
Edmonds Community College is a public space. For most locations on campus, you do not need permission to film — an exception being the college library where it may interfere with study. Call the library director at 425.640.1522. However, we do appreciate a heads up. Please call 425.640.1423 and we will also let campus security (425.640.1501) know so we can tell curious or concerned students what's happening on their campus.
get permission to film, take photos, or interview students in a classroom?
Talk to the instructor. This is allowed only at the instructor's discretion — and instructors may refuse these requests for any reason. In addition, students in a classroom must also give their permission to be filmed or photographed or be able to opt-out.