Alternative Training Chemical Dependency Professional Program
If you are licensed in Washington State through the Department of Health, you may be eligible for the Edmonds Community College Chemical Dependency Professional (CDP) fast-track option, and complete your CDP coursework in as little as 20 credits!
Due to recent changes in Washington Administrative Code 246-811, anyone who currently holds an active DOH license in good standing in the following professions may apply for their CDP under the new Alternative Training program:
- Advanced registered nurse practitioners
- Marriage and family therapists, mental health counselor, advanced social worker, or independent clinical social worker
Osteopathic physician assistant
Edmonds CC is offering a newly developed four-course, 20-credit CDP program specifically for those students eligible for this alternative-training route:
- SHS 104 - Introduction to Addiction Studies (5 credits – prerequisite for 200-level courses)
- SHS 222 - Pharmacology/Psychoactive Substance (5 credits)
- SHS 227 - Assessment/Case Management in Addiction (5 credits)
- SHS 229 - Addiction Counseling/Relapse Prevention (5 credits)
All classes are taught by experienced faculty and are offered fully online or in a traditional classroom setting.