Edmonds Community College President
Dr. Jean Hernandez was named President of Edmonds Community College in January 2011. With more than 30 years experience in higher education, Hernandez was previously the vice president for instruction at South Seattle Community College, where she served as the interim president and vice chancellor.
Dr. Hernandez is most proud of her Honorary Triton Award — Outstanding Administrator Award (2011) that was presented to her by EdCC Office of Student Life and student government.
- American Association of Community Colleges (AACC)
- League for Innovation in the Community College
- Washington Association of Community and Technical Colleges (WACTC), Aerospace Presidents Committee, Corrections Education Committee, and Legislative and Public Information Committee
Dr. Hernandez has been involved in many business, community, education and youth programs:
- College Spark Washington, Board of Trustees
- Pride Foundation - Board of Directors, Scholarship Committee
- Economic Alliance of Snohomish County Board
- Edmonds Chamber of Commerce
- Former Girl Scouts, Totem Council - Board Member
- United Way of Snohomish County Board Member
- Workforce Development Council of Snohomish County Board Member
Hernandez received her Doctorate of Education degree in Educational Leadership & Policy Studies from the University of Washington and her Master of Education in Counselor Education and Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education degrees from the University of North Texas.