Parent Education at Edmonds Community College
Be Involved and Learn Together
By becoming involved with a parent cooperative program, you will:
- Support and guide your children and their peers as they develop social skills.
- Discuss child development and parenting strategies with an experienced educator.
- Make new friends with parents who have children the same age as your own.
- Develop a new appreciation for the purpose of play with babies and children.
- Reduce preschool costs through your active participation.
The Parent Cooperative Program focuses on learning through play. The curriculum includes age appropriate activities in art, music, math, creative drama, science, and language.
Pre-school classes are filled with singing, dancing, tower building, stories, painting, dress up, field trips and outdoor experiences. Learning activities frequently change to remain stimulating and fun.
Baby classes provide parents a chance to learn how to play with their infants. They spend time practicing games such as finger plays, peek-a-boo and bubbles and bells. Play time enhances the bonding relationship between parent and infant.