Edmonds Community College News
Related Programs/LinksBoard of Trustees
Board of Trustees seeks student representativeRelease Date: December 20th, 2012
Edmonds Community College's Board of Trustees seeks a student representative to serve on the board July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014 and attend its monthly meetings. Students, apply for the position Jan. 2-Feb. 4. Interviews will be scheduled February 19-22.
Minimum requirements for the student representative to the board:
• Be a full-time student (12 or more credits) at Edmonds Community College
• Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
• Plan to enroll at Edmonds CC for the 2013-2014 academic year.
• Attend the monthly Board of Trustees meetings from July 2013 to June 2014.
The Board of Trustees of Edmonds Community College is composed of five members appointed by the Governor. Each member serves a five-year term and must reside within the college's district boundaries. Edmonds Community College's Trustees are: Wayne Brown, Diana Clay, Quentin Powers, Richard Van Hollebeke, and Emily Yim.
The board, on behalf of the citizens of College District #23, ensures the accountability of Edmonds Community College through:
• Fulfillment of the College mission within the guidelines of College philosophy by means of the financial and human resources available
• Promotion of appropriate activities, conditions and decisions
• Scrupulous self-monitoring of its processes and performances
• Assuring compliance with all applicable state and federal statutes