For News Media
The Public Information office is the official point of contact for all news media outlets. We encourage the news media to contact our office to assist with campus visits (including arranging for parking passes) and student and employee interviews. Students and employees are encouraged to contact the Marketing and Public Information office with any newsworthy activity, event, or accomplishment in order to inform the news media and the general public.
We are eager to assist reporters with needed information and visuals and will work to respond to your requests as quickly as possible. We are here to help you locate sources, arrange interviews or photography, and receive information on important issues.
Contact Media Relations staff
During an emergency, please call: 425.697.0341
For general media inquires or to request an expert on a specific topic, please call:
Additional ways to receive information about Edmonds CC:
- Visit our social media wall and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media channels.
- Sign up as a Community Partner for Triton Alerts to receive emergency notification text and email alerts.
- All public records requests should be sent to the college’s Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Media Relations at Edmonds CC
We seek out positive and inspirational stories about Edmonds CC and its students and employees. We work to publicize them through media to increase the college’s visibility. To do this, our office:
- Distributes information and stories about Edmonds CC to media outlets (newspapers, magazines, radio, television, and Internet).
- Cultivates relationships with reporters and media outlets.
- Monitors news to find the right fit for stories we place and to locate stories about Edmonds CC.
- Writes and distributes a monthly College News e-newsletter to inform the Edmonds CC community about the college’s recent mentions in the news.
About Media Relations
The Edmonds CC Public Information office is responsible for communicating key messages about the college and its students and employees to local, regional, and national news media.
Working with the media allows Edmonds CC to increase its visibility in the community and enhances appreciation of the college within the campus and broader communities.
Our work is part of the overall efforts of Edmonds CC’s College Relations and Advancement division, which also includes the Edmonds CC Foundation; Grants Development; Planning, Research, and Assessment; and Strategic Enrollment Management.
The Public Information office in Gateway Hall 310 is open: 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays and summer hours.