The latest news from Edmonds Community College
Volunteers needed for Celebration of Food Festival at Lynnwood Convention Center May 18
Want to provide a hand? Food Revolution Snohomish County is looking for volunteers to help at the Celebration of Food Festival.
The festival, co-sponsored by Edmonds Community College, is a free, family event where participants can learn how to grow, purchase and prepare wholesome, local food from 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday, May 18, at the Lynnwood Convention Center, 3711 196th St. SW, Lynnwood.
Volunteers are needed for the set-up team, tear-down team, and to help with activities during the festival. Examples include vendor assistance, signage, hospitality, greeters, counters, information table, and clean up. Volunteers must be 18 years or older. Younger volunteers are welcome if accompanied by a parent.
Most shifts are four hours. To volunteer, or for more information, email festival coordinator Chris Hudyma at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"This event brings our community together so people can experience delicious, local, wholesome food," said Hudyma. "Farmers, food advocates, students, health professionals, community members, and business owners will offer activities to inspire us to enjoy real food."
New for 2014:
- New growing demonstration area hosted by Farmer Frog and Edmonds CC's Sustainable Agriculture Education (SAgE) program;
- Presentation and question-and-answer session by Ciscoe Morris and Cynthia Lair;
- Cooking demonstrations for adults;
- Numerous local food vendors providing samples, demonstrations, displays, and/or resources;
- Hands-on kids' food and and kitchen skills station;
- Children's reading tent and book giveaway; and
- Presentations on topics ranging from "How to Cook Healthy on a Budget" to "Dealing With Food Allergies."