The latest news from Edmonds Community College
Edmonds CC art gallery photos from six alumni April 7-May 2
|"Sunset Bay at Dusk," Jordan Ingmire|
Edmonds Community College’s art gallery this spring will feature photos from six alumni — Katelyn Campen, Emily Getts, Felix Hidajat, Jordan Ingmire, Brian Oh, and Matt Verzola — in a group exhibit titled “Looking Back.” It opens April 7 and continues through May 2 in the college’s art gallery on the third floor of Lynnwood Hall.
A reception with the artists is 4-6 p.m., Fri., April 18 in the college art gallery.
Edmonds CC’s Photography department fosters a sense of purposeful aesthetics in each student’s visual narrative, which has further propelled their artistic passion into a career. The exhibit provides viewers an opportunity to examine what has transpired in their lives after leaving the campus.
Here’s a brief look at the artists:
- Emily Getts graduated from Western Washington University’s Photography program. She is a freelance photographer based in Seattle for five years.
- Katelyn Compen, a former contractor for Google, has built a freelance career with an emphasis in wedding and portraiture.
- Matt Verzola is a photographer and student in the Design program at Cornish College for the Arts. His work includes numerous environmental portrait projects.
- Brian Oh graduated from the University of Washington's Photography program and is a freelance photographer and creative director for Ziibra.
- Jordan Ingmire is a freelance photographer whose clients include ESPN, Red Bull, Arbor, Volcom, and La Tabla.
- Felix Hidajat, a fashion and editorial photographer based in Seattle, is a student in the Photography program at Seattle University.
The exhibit is sponsored by the college’s library, the Visual Arts department, and
the Center for Student Engagement and Leadership.
The gallery is open 7:30 a.m.-9 p.m., Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Friday, and 1-5 p.m., weekends.