The latest news from Edmonds Community College
Edmonds CC will host a Wellness Bash on Feb. 26
Edmonds Community College will host a Wellness Bash 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 26, in Woodway Hall 202 on campus, 20000 68th Ave. W. The event is sponsored by the Wellness and Health Promotion program.
The public is invited to the resource fair, where a number of companies will be providing
information and demonstrations. There will be two agencies enrolling people in health
insurance: WithinReach and Community Health Clinics. Specialists will be available
to answer questions and help people walk through the process.
On-campus resources will be providing blood-pressure checks, body mass index (BMI) analysis, as well as information for a variety of services and resources on campus, including the Counseling and Resource Center, the Veterans Resource Center, Services for Students with Disabilities, and Organizational Development and Employee Training’s LiveWell program.
In addition, there will be campus resource partners, hands-on health and wellness activities, and information booths from businesses such as the YMCA and Trader Joe’s.
The Snohomish Health District-HIV program will also be available for private sexually transmitted disease testing.
“Health and wellness is a top priority at Edmonds Community College,” said Matt Munson, Wellness and Health Promotion Project Coordinator. “We want to support students, employees, and the public to become active partners in their own well-being.”
For more information, email Matt Munson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425.640.1756.
Here’s a list of participants:
- AIDS Project Snohomish County
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- American Lung Association
- American Red Cross
- Cocoon House
- Community Health Center of Snohomish County
- Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County
- Edmonds CC Allied Health Education
- Edmonds CC Athletics
- Edmonds CC Counseling and Resource Center
- Edmonds CC Library
- Edmonds CC LiveWell (Organizational Development and Employee Training)
- Edmonds CC Services for Students With Disabilities
- Edmonds CC Veterans Resource Center
- Edmonds CC Wellness and Health Promotion
- Hope Heart Institute
- Latino Community Fund
- Lynnwood Parks and Recreation
- NAMI: National Alliance of Mental Illness
- The Northwest Network
- Planned Parenthood
- Seattle Vet Center
- Snohomish Health District-HIV Program
- Social Security Administration
- Trader Joe’s
- United Way of Snohomish County
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Verdant Health Commission
- Victim Support Services
- Within Reach