The latest news from Edmonds Community College
Edmonds CC receives Verdant grant for wellness and health promotion05/30/2013
Sheryl Copeland is the Counseling and Wellness Services director at Edmonds Community College.
Edmonds Community College has been awarded a $369,000 grant from Verdant Health Commission to fund the creation of a Wellness and Health Promotion program for students, employees, and community members.
The grant covers two years, as well as funding half of a third year as the program becomes a sustainable college resource.
Under the direction of Sheryl Copeland, the college’s Director of Counseling and Wellness Services, a full-time project coordinator will be hired to develop, coordinate, and implement a wellness and health promotion program for the college. In addition, a part-time substance abuse specialist and two student programmers will be hired.The program aims to:
- Reduce impediments to academic, professional, and personal success;
- Increase awareness and use of preventative behaviors;
- Empower students and employees to become active partners in their own well-being;
- Equip students and employees with important, lifelong self-care skills; and
- Create a culture of wellness to support and empower the campus.