The latest news from Edmonds Community College
Edmonds CC Foundation auction Feb. 25 features guest chef Ethan Stowell
A gala event on Feb. 25 to raise funds for Edmonds Community College scholarships will feature guest chef Ethan Stowell and the chance to bid on special dinners, original jewelry, trips, high-end wines, and much more.
"A Vintage Evening" Gala Dinner and Auction is Sat., Feb. 25 at Edmonds Community College. Annually one of the hottest fundraising party tickets in the greater Edmonds and Lynnwood areas, "A Vintage Evening" marks the 26th year of the Edmonds CC Foundation’s biggest fundraising event.
2012 figures to be one of the Foundation’s most memorable auctions yet, highlighted by guest chef Ethan Stowell, Seattle restaurateur and James Beard finalist, as well as an impressive list of auction items.
- Multiple wine dinners in private homes with Northwest winemakers;
- A featured dinner menu designed by 2012 guest chef Ethan Stowell (Staple & Fancy, Tavolata);
- Special auction Chef Frenzy items featuring previous guest chefs John Howie (Seastar, John Howie’s Steak), Holly Smith (Café Juanita), Greg Atkinson (Marche) and Wayne Johnson (Ray’s Boathouse);
- Custom jewelry from three of the college’s most accomplished student artists/designers;
- A custom diamond necklace on a beautiful 14k white gold chain, valued at $3,000, from J. Rankin Jewelers;
- A night on the town with tickets to “Rent” at the 5th Avenue Theatre and a night at the Grand Hyatt in Seattle;
- Weekend use of a hot new CRV from Lynnwood Honda paired with a trip to a Sunset Magazine featured getaway in Fidalgo Bay;
- Wine lots featuring Leonetti, Cayuse, Doubleback Cabernet from Drew Bledsoe, a five liter bottle of Chilean Red, magnums of Matthews Cellar, Andrew Will;
- Trips to Banff dog-sledding, Cabo San Lucas or Palm Desert to get some sun, or a local trip to a fabulous house featured in Sunset magazine on the Puget Sound;
- A Sounders FC team-signed jersey, along with four tickets to a 2012 season game, and team swag;
- An Edmonds CC faculty guided and hosted day in the Skagit Valley, visiting nature/blooms/food producers; and
- An raffle of a cruise trip to nearly anywhere in the world.
Amazing jewelry created through a “Student Art for Auction” program has become one of the more popular auction items. The artists submit their work for consideration by the auction committee in fall quarter. The students whose work is chosen by a panel of Humanities Program staff and Foundation board members, are provided a stipend to complete the piece.
Offered this year are beautifully crafted pieces from Terumi Fogerty (a shimmering sterling silver fish brooch), Megan Pointer (a 16-inch multi-media necklace titled “The Flowers of Paris”) and Jakob Williams (a handsome sterling silver and antler pendant).
The Foundation hosts its auction and dinner annually to raise money for scholarships, faculty grants, and campus support. It’s an effort that has become critical due to declining state funding and the $6 million in budget cuts the college has had to make over the past four years.
Tickets are on sale now. Go to www.edcc.edu/foundation or call Kathy Coffey at 425.640.1512 to purchase seats. Tickets are $150 for the gala event and Ethan Stowell-prepared dinner.