The latest news from Edmonds Community College
Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship: Apply by Nov. 30
Apply by 2 p.m, Nov. 30 to be considered for the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation’s Undergraduate
Transfer Scholarship, a nationwide scholarship program for community college students
planning to transfer to a four-year school. Email instructor Mary Whitfield, firstname.lastname@example.org,
for an application or pick one up in Alderwood Hall 234F.
Edmonds Community College will nominate two students on Dec. 10 to compete for the
prestigious national scholarships (those selected will have to complete an additional
lengthy application, which includes several essays).
- Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship eligibility
- Be a current Edmonds CC student in your second year by Dec. 31, 2009, or a recent
graduate (since spring 2005).
- Plan to enroll full-time in a bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or
university in fall 2010.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.50 or better
- Have not been previously nominated for the Jack Kent Cooke scholarship
- Have unmet financial need
The scholarship also considers:
- Will to succeed
- Leadership and public service
- Critical-thinking ability
Find out more
Edmonds CC Foundation scholarships
< back to news index