About Our College
Students and Community: At the Heart of All We Do
Edmonds Community College strengthens our diverse community by helping students access educational and career opportunities in a supportive environment that encourages success, innovation, service, and lifelong learning.
- Strengthen our diverse community
- Provide educational opportunities
- Help students access career opportunities
- Support student success
- Encourage innovation, service, and lifelong learning
Values: The Board, Employees, and Students of Our College Value...
- We promote respectful collaboration, communication, and interaction among students and employees.
- We develop and maintain a safe, healthy, and professional environment that fosters creativity, innovation, learning, and personal growth.
- We manage our resources with efficiency and integrity to ensure the long-term health of the college.
- We infuse sustainable and transparent practices throughout all aspects of the college's operations and programs.
- We continuously seek opportunities to improve the quality of our lives, the college, our community, and the world.
- We explore, create, and evaluate in order to improve.
- We celebrate the individuality and diversity of our students and colleagues, as well as the diversity of our college, community, nation, and world.
- We require equity and mutual respect.
Collaboration and Communication
Responsibility and Accountability
Innovation and Creativity
Diversity, Respect, and Inclusion
Edmonds Community College offers opportunities to integrate knowledge and skills in order to reason clearly; communicate and interact respectfully; explore critically and creatively; and act responsibly. Emphasizing these core, college-wide abilities provides a consistent educational focus that encourages students and members of the college community to develop knowledge, habits and skills for lifelong learning.
Students, who earn any of our two-year degrees or shorter-term certificates, have many opportunities across the curriculum to develop and apply college-wide abilities in preparation for their roles in an increasingly diverse, information-driven society.
Edmonds has worked on improving, better defining, and documenting its integrated planning processes since its spring 2008 Self Study. This work, led by the college’s Institutional Effectiveness Advisory Committee, has resulted in a formal, written plan that standardizes unit-level planning throughout the college. This plan, named the SIMPLE Plan (with SIMPLE standing for: Strategic, Informed, Measurable Process Leading to Effectiveness), was approved by the Board of Trustees on June 10, 2010.
Find out more about the SIMPLE Plan.
See the Integrated Planning diagram that illustrates how the college's guiding principles align with one another.
Accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and governed by the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges.
Find out more about the college's Accreditation.