Math 172: Math for Elementary Educators II
- Course Description
- Math 172 is intended for prospective and current elementary school teachers. The course examines problem-solving techniques and mathematics related to topics taught at the K–8 level. Topics include rational numbers, probability, statistics and the use of technology.
- Who should take this course?
- Prospective and current elementary school teachers. You should consult the planning sheet for your program and consult an advisor to determine if this course is appropriate for you.
- Who is eligible to take this course?
- The prerequisite for this course is Math 171 with a grade of 2.0 or higher.
- Is this course transferable?
- This course may transfer to certain universities if the student enrolls in a teacher-preparation program; consult an advisor or see the Transfer Center to determine transferability.
- What textbook is used for this course?
- The tenth edition of Reconceptualizing Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers by Judith Sowder, Larry Sowder and Susan Nickerson.
- When is this course offered?
- Math 172 is offered each Winter Quarter.
|Winter 2013 Sections