Math 144: Precalculus I&II
- Course Description
- Math 144 is an intensive refresher course combining all topics of Math 141 and Math 142. Students
completing Math 144 may not receive graduation credit for Math 141 and/or Math 142.
- Who should take this course?
- Generally, students seeking to take the 151–152–153 calculus sequence take the
141–142 precalculus sequence first; students who have already covered this material in high school but
want to review the material before taking a college-level calculus course may opt to take Math 144 instead. You should consult the planning sheet for your program and consult an advisor to determine if this course is appropriate for you.
- Who is eligible to take this course?
- The prerequisite for this course is an appropriate score on the Accuplacer placement test and high school precalculus or equivalent.
- Is this course transferable?
- This course transfers to the University of Washington as UW Math 120; consult an advisor or see the Transfer Center to determine transferability to other institutions.
- What textbook is used for this course?
- The third edition of Precalculus by Carl Stitz and Jeff Zeager. This textbook is completely free and may be
downloaded as a PDF file [11.0 MB].
A hard-copy version of the text is available from Lulu in two volumes (College Algebra for $16.39 and Trigonometry for
$10.63, plus shipping).
- What else is required for this course?
- Students are required to have a graphing calculator; the TI-83 Plus or TI-84 Plus is recommended.
- When is this course offered?
- Math 144 is offered Fall Quarter.
|Fall 2011 Sections