Math 132: Precalculus II
- PLEASE NOTE
- Beginning Summer 2009, this course will be known as Math 142; only the course
number will change.
- Course Description
- Math 132 is the second course in a two-quarter precalculus sequence that also includes Math 131. Topics include: polynomial, rational, trigonometric, and inverse trigonometric functions; and applications involving these functions and functions from Math 131.
- Who should take this course?
- Generally, students seeking to take the 151–152–153 calculus sequence take the 131–132 precalculus sequence first. Some students in programs like business take this course (in place of Math 140) and then take Math 150 instead of Math 132. You should consult the planning sheet for your program and consult an advisor to determine if this sequence is appropriate for you.
- Who is eligible to take this course?
- The prerequisite for this course is Math 131 with a grade of 2.0 or higher.
- Is this course transferable?
- This course transfers to the University of Washington as UW Math 120 if both Math 131 and Math 132 are taken; consult an advisor or see the Transfer Center to determine transferability to other institutions.
- What textbook is used for this course?
- The first edition of Precalculus Concepts and Functions: A Unit Circle Approach by Michael Sullivan and Michael Sullivan III; a lower-priced custom version comprising Chapters 1–7 and 9 is available through the EdCC Bookstore.
- What else is required for this course?
- Students are required to have a graphing calculator; the TI-83 Plus or TI-84 Plus is recommended.
- When is this course offered?
- Math 132 is offered each quarter, including Summer Quarter.