Math 95: Applied Intermediate Algebra
- Course Description
- Math 95 examines algebraic techniques and concepts related to linear, quadratic, rational
and exponential functions. Problem-solving skills and applications will be emphasized. This course is only
intended to prepare students for Math 117 or Math 121.
- Who should take this course?
- Only students who plan to take Math 117 and Math 121, or students
who do not plan to take any further mathematics courses.
- Who is eligible to take this course?
- The prerequisite for this course is Math 80 with a grade of 2.0 or higher, or
an appropriate score on the Accuplacer placement test.
- Is this course transferable?
- This course does not transfer to a four-year university such as the University of Washington.
- What textbook is used for this course?
- The third edition of Intermediate Algebra: Functions & Authentic Applications
by Jay Lehmann.
- What else is required for this course?
- Students are required to have a graphing calculator; the TI-83 Plus or TI-84 Plus is recommended.
- When is this course offered?
- Math 95 is not currently offered.