Math 40: Arithmetic
- Course Description
- Math 40 is a review of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers, fractions,
decimals and integers. Other topics include: ratios and proportions, percentages, applications, order of
operations, and a focus on problem solving and math success skills.
- Who should take this course?
- Generally, students place into Math 40 via the Accuplacer placement test. Students who complete this
course usually go on to take Math 60 (although students in some programs may opt to
take Business 130).
- Is this course transferable?
- This course does not transfer to a four-year university such as the University of Washington.
- When is this course offered?
- Math 40 is offered each quarter, including Summer Quarter. Math 40 is taught by instructors in the
Developmental Education division. Math 40 is also offered in the Math Center.