The Edmonds Community College Intensive ESL Program teaches English to international students. When students arrive, they take a placement test to find their level of English, from Level 1 to Level 5. Students who finish the Intensive ESL Program can take Edmonds Community College college or high school completion classes.
Intensive ESL Highlights:
- More than 250 students from over 20 countries
- Prepares students who need English for high school, college, or university studies and English for personal use
- Highly-qualified and experienced ESL teachers
- Average class size: 15 students
- Five Levels (Beginning to Advanced)
- INTENSIVE study = Students learn a lot of English with classes in English, active student participation in class, daily homework, and many quizzes and tests to check on progress.
- Students take four classes for study and practice in different skill areas:
Reading • Writing • Grammar • Speaking/Listening
- Special Level 4 + 5 Speaking/Listening classes:
Partners in the Community (Volunteer Experience)
- Intensive ESL Computer Lab and Resource Room
- New classrooms in our new building: Mukilteo Hall
- International Student Services helps students with student visas, applying to EdCC, housing, orientation, and advising.