INTENSIVE ESL 050
Textbooks: Inside Reading 1 by Burgmeier
(this may change) (You may have one more textbook.)
Level 5 Reading teaches low-advanced reading comprehension skills and English vocabulary.
In Level 5 reading, you will
- read more difficult stories and passages and answer questions.
- practice reading skills, such as guessing words from context, skimming and scanning for information, and finding the main idea.
- identify “fact” versus “opinion”
- write summaries of newspaper articles and your response
- do additional “outside” reading
- build on your English vocabulary to be prepared for college classes and for reading in everyday life