IESL Computer Lab
Welcome to Mukilteo Hall (MUK) 310!
The Intensive ESL Computer Lab and Resource Room is for students in the Intensive ESL Program. A Lab Assistant can help you during Open Lab Hours. Some teachers also bring classes to the lab for special practice.
|Usual open lab hours:||9:30 AM – 11:20 AM||M – F|
|12:30 PM – 1:40 PM||M – Th|
|4:00 – 5:00 PM||M – Th|
(Summer quarter may be different.)
In the lab, you can . . .
- use special ESL computer software to help you learn more English
- use Microsoft Word to write and print your assignments
- use the Internet to check e-mail or surf the web
- listen to tapes and CDs and watch videos and DVDs
- use a microwave and eat lunch (at tables, not at the computer)
- meet other ESL students
- get help with homework questions
In the lab, you cannot . . .
- print e-mail or print from websites
- download software
- eat or drink at the computers
- display inappropriate material on the computer
(You will sign a Lab Contract before you can use the computers.)
A lab assistant can help you log on to the computer. You need to know your student number. (Logon instructions)
The lab assistant can also help you get started on the special ESL software in the lab: English Discoveries (grammar, reading, vocabulary, listening), UUEG Interactive (grammar, listening), Pronunciation, and TOEFL Preparation.
A “Homework Help” teacher is in the lab during the lunch break, Monday through Thursday. He or she can answer your homework questions.
Back to top