IESL Computer Lab
Welcome to Mukilteo Hall (MUK 310)!
The Intensive ESL Computer Lab and Resource Room is for students in the Intensive ESL Program. A lab assistant can help you during open lab hours. Some teachers also bring classes to the lab for special practice.
|Usual open lab hours:||9:30–11:20 a.m.||M–F|
(Summer quarter may be different.)
In the lab, you can . . .
- use special ESL computer software to help you learn more English
- use Microsoft Word to write and print your assignments
- use the Internet to check email or browse websites
- listen to tapes and CDs; watch videos and DVDs
- use a microwave and eat lunch (at tables, not at the computer)
- meet other ESL students
- get help with homework questions
In the lab, you cannot . . .
- print email or print from websites
- download software
- eat or drink at the computers
- display inappropriate material on the computer (You will sign a lab contract before you can use the computers.)
A lab assistant can help you log on to the computer. You need to know your student number.
The lab assistant can also help you get started on phe special ESL software in the lab: English Discoveries (grammar, reading, vocabulary, listening), UUEG Interactive (grammar, listening), Pronunciation, and TOEFL preparation.
A “Homework Help” teacher is in the lab Monday-Thursday during lunch break. He or she can answer your homework questions.
Back to top