Train to take vital signs, assist patients with personal hygiene, maintain a clean environment for patients, and control infection.
Health care is the second fastest growing industry in the nation. At Edmonds Community College, you can train for opportunities in direct patient care and support occupations.
• Learn from experienced health care professionals
• Gain experience with hands-on activities
• Find opportunities for internships
Entry-level earnings about $9.50-$14.00/hr.
Choices for Further College Study and Career Paths:
- Clinical Lab Assistant
- Electrocardiography (EKG) Technician
- Health Unit Coordinator (HUC)
- Medical Information Technology
- Nurse Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Practical Nursing (LPN)
Some certificates can be completed in as little as one quarter, others in 2 or 3 quarters.
To find out more about I-BEST opportunities:
- Call the Developmental Education office at 425-640-1593 and schedule an appointment with Barbara Whalen
- Email email@example.com
- Drop by the DevEd office in Mukilteo Hall, room 403
Find out more about Allied Health Education
Visit: http://ahe.edcc.edu or call: 425.640.1017
*Wage Source: Washington State Employment Security Department, 2008