Typical Expectations for Full-time Faculty Positions
Faculty contribute content expertise in one or more subject areas to support the achievement of identified learning outcomes in courses and programs.
1) Facilitate a learning centered environment by:
- Providing instruction to students through various delivery methods, including classroom/laboratory instruction, eLearning, and learning community activities.
- Utilizing teaching strategies that facilitate student learning and student success.
- Preparing clear and measurable objectives, course syllabi, course materials and learning experiences for each course.
- Maintaining appropriate course records and documentation.
- Designing, developing, assessing, and overseeing program curricula.
- Implementing assessment measures that achieve course, program, and college learning outcomes, and using the results to strengthen the curricula.
- Maintaining office hours.
- Providing academic advising and mentoring students.
- Participating in outreach for student recruitment and access to services.
- Maintaining current knowledge within the appropriate discipline and within the teaching profession.
2) Support the goals and objectives of the college through:
- Meeting requirements for specific programs and for accreditation.
- Participating in college-sponsored professional development activities, college wide meetings and department/division/faculty meetings.
- Supporting articulation initiatives with regional schools and colleges.
- Promoting student recruitment, retention, and successful completion of programs.
- Maintaining ongoing communications with community organizations, other local colleges, and public agencies in support of student learning.
- Participating in college leadership, governance, and operational activities.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues, staff, and community members.
- Serving on college committees.
- Complying with college policies, rules, and procedures.
- Performing other duties as assigned.