Skillsoft Overtime (OT) for Classified Staff FAQs
Who is eligible?
- Employees eligible for OT by taking Skillsoft training classes are: All Classified staff impacted by
3% Temporary Salary Reduction (TSR), excluding HeadStart employees.
How will employees be compensated? How many hours of training can I take?
- 100% FTE overtime eligible employees can take up to 40 hours of Skillsoft training and will
receive the over-time rate.
- Less than 100% FTE overtime eligible employees can take up to 45 hours of Skillsoft training and
will receive the appropriate pay based on hours worked during that week - either straight time
- Overtime exempt employees can take up to 60 hours of training and will be paid straight time.
There is no limit to the number of hours worked in Skillsoft per week.
How long can we earn OT?
- This program runs through June 15, 2013. Skillsoft will be available until December 31, 2013,
but there will not be any OT paid out on training from this program after June 15, 2013,
UNLESS it is directed overtime and authorized by your supervisor and reported on your
regular payroll records after June 15. Any OT after June 15, 2013 will come out of department
What if someone exceeds their hours limits?
- Employees have access to take as many classes as they would like, but will only be compensated
for hours up to their maximum limit based on their status. We encourage employees to track
their hours, either via Skillsoft or from their OT sheets.
How do we submit OT sheets?
- HR will be extracting hours worked each pay period from the Skillsoft system and create OT
sheets based on the hours logged. Payroll will process the OT on the next available payroll,
which will depend on their workload. All employees and supervisors will get copies of employee
OT sheets for their records.
Do I need to account for my hours worked in Positive Time Reporting (PTR)?
- Yes. Supervisors will need to work with employees if there are questions on PTR submitted by
When can we take classes?
- Skillsoft classes must be taken outside of your work schedule.
Can Skillsoft classes be taken during your lunch hour and count as OT?
- No, classes must be taken outside of your work hours.
Can employees do other activities to earn OT?
- Not that can be billed to the Skillsoft OT budget. This program is for Skillsoft training only.
Will the ODET classes and Seminars count as overtime when taken during your lunch hour or outside
your work schedule?
Do we have to participate?
- No, this is completely voluntary.
Can I log Skillsoft hours on days I use vacation hours?
If a course is set to take 4 hours to complete, but I complete it in 40 minutes, do I get paid for the 4
hours or only the 40 minutes?
- You get OT for the time spent taking a class, so you would get paid for the 40 minutes.
The compensation department oversees and ensures an accurate compensation process for all employees; guided by College policy, Federal and State regulations, in an efficient and timely manner